Dog Beds

Now that we have 2 little dogs at home, we were in need of some dog beds. Have you ever bought a dog bed? They are expensive. I wanted to have two in our bedroom, two downstairs in the living room and I already bought one pillow for the living room, as well as one bed for each crate. After checking out all those prices I decided on buying foam instead of finished beds and used some leftover waterproof fabric for the covers. Way cheaper with some coupons. 
I got a mattress foam from JoAnns for 40% off, as well as a 2 yard 3" thick 
foam. I cut them in half to have two similar sized mattresses.  



Left over fabric from my recoverd wing chair for one bed and the other fabric from the swing cushion (which I now notice, haven't even posted)

I wrapped the fabric around the foam, pinned and then sewed three sides together.


                               


                                 



For the fourth side (long side) I used velcro tape and sewed it on to become easily removable. 


Now Toby and Steele have a nice place to lay on during the evening (before Toby has to be crated) Just a couple more weeks and hopefully he is house broken and can stay out of his crate most of the time. Fingers are crossed!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wing Chair Recovery - Part II

My new toy..

The Nursery - Final reveal