ATLANTA SUBWAY ART

              It is time to finally post about my first ever subway art. I actually made this a year ago but never really got to post about it.
This sign has its home in our guest bedroom and is accompanied by the new sign "The Ornaments of a house..."

I  bought a sheet of plywood, painted the complete board dark brown, after it was dry, I laid out letter stencils in two different sizes, marking lines with a pencil where everything should go. I started penceling all letters on the board. After everything looked good and in line, I painted all letters in white on the board (It would have been so much easier, if I'd had my Silhouette by the time) But old school it is. It took several hours,  but I'm very pleased with the end result. (Unfortunately there are no pictures from the paint progress)









                   





I'm linking up to:

 
Todays Creative Blog             Passionately Artistic

Lil\'Luna  Beyond The Picket Fence    Somewhat Simple

The Shabby Nest      Days of Chalk and Chocolate

Comments

Debra said…
I love it! I really like that it's so big!

Popular posts from this blog

Wing Chair Recovery - Part II

My new toy..

The Nursery - Final reveal