You know you became Southern when

...there is always Sweet Tea in the fridge!

For several years now my favorite drink is Sweet Tea. Living in the South now for 3 1/2 years, I can definitely tell y'all that I became southern. Not the accent, but the food (Fried pickles, fried green tomatoes, lots of barbeque sauce (for every single meal) sweet tea and so much more) The tea can't be sweet enough and unfortunatly I could drink a gallon a day. I was always wondering how to make the perfect Sweet Tea. Finally I took some time to google and found that easy peasy recipe. Now I really don't know why it took me so long..

Ingredients
  • 1 pinch baking soda
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • 6 tea bags
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 6 cups cool water

Directions

  1. Sprinkle a pinch of baking soda into a 64-ounce, heat-proof, glass pitcher. Pour in boiling water, and add tea bags. Cover, and allow to steep for 15 minutes.
  2. Remove tea bags, and discard; stir in sugar until dissolved. Pour in cool water, then refrigerate until cold.
                              

Is it bad, that I have to make new tea every couple days? I try to limit myself to two glasses a day, but sometimes I cant' help it...

Are you addicted to any kind of food/beverage yourself (and I'm not talking about alcohol!) :)

Comments

I have to have several mugs a day of Herbalife Lemon Tea...its like an instant tea...I drink it hot & it has caffeine. I am not a sweet drink person. Glad you enjoy yours. 8~)

Popular posts from this blog

Wing Chair Recovery - Part II

My new toy..

The Nursery - Final reveal