Cheescake Brownies

Thank god it is F-R-I-D-A-Y. Couldn't it come any sooner? I've been a single mom (to our two dogs) during the week for the last two and I can say, I am exhausted. Toby can only hold to go to the bathroom for about 5 hours (max) and our nights are a little short right now. Also I hope he will be a puppy forever, but this part I really need to be over soon.

Yesterday I was featured on Better After and was overwhelmed with comments and about 900 page views. I'm so thrilled that Lindsey featured my Wing Chair. If you haven't checked it out, go over there now! :)

I made dessert (for Easter) and can tell you, it is my most favorite dessert I have ever made. You need to try this!

Cheesecake Brownies, here is the recipe:

Ingredients:


1 (21.5 ounce) package brownie mix (I used the one with walnuts and caramel)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (16 ounce) container prepared frosting (I used Cream Cheese frosting)
Directions:
  • Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
  • Prepare brownie mix according to the directions on the package. Spread into prepared baking pan

                                             
  • IF you use caramel, cut one edge open on the caramel mix and spread it in three lines on top of the brownie mix. With a knife cut the batter into squares so that the caramel will look like the below.


                                
  • In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and cornstarch until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over brownie batter.


                            
  • Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is lightly browned. Allow to cool, spread with frosting, and cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator, or freeze in a single layer for up to 2 weeks.
                                                             

You need to try this! I shared 6 pieces and ate all of the others myself (in 4 days) BAD but so good! :)

Have a wonderful weekend.

Carina


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wing Chair Recovery - Part II

My new toy..

The Nursery - Final reveal