Because its my birthday today and I love cupcakes, here is a yummy recipe to share.
Orange Cream Pop Cupcakes (recipe from BHG.com)
Makes: 24 servings
Serving size: 1 cupcake
Yield: 27 (2-1/2 inch) cupcakes
- 1x 3 ounce package orange-flavor gelatin
- 1x 2-layer-size package white cake mix
- 1x 4-serving-size package cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1x 1/4 cups orange juice
- 4x eggs
- 1x 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1x teaspoon vanilla
- 1x recipe Cream Pop Frostings
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line twenty-seven 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with foil bake cups. Set aside 2 teaspoons of the gelatin for the Cream Pop Frostings. In a mixing bowl beat the remaining gelatin, the cake mix, pudding mix, orange juice, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
2. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter in cups.
3. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
4. Spoon orange-flavor Cream Pop Frosting into a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip. Spoon the vanilla-flavor Cream Pop Frosting into another pastry bag fitted with a small star tip. Pipe orange frosting onto each cupcake to cover the top. Pipe a medium-size star of white frosting onto each cupcake. Makes 24 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
and it wouldn't be perfect if you forget to put the oil and vanilla in! Make a note!! REMEMBER b/c. if not than you have to start over again, empty all cups and put it back in the bowl to add the ingredients. (you will loose about 3 cupcakes doing that!) and time. It really sucked!
While in the oven and after cool down
you can prepare the frosting.
Cream Pop Frosting
- 1 recipe Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- Few drops orange food coloring (optional)
Prepare Cream Cheese Frosting. Transfer one-fourth of the frosting to a small bowl; beat in vanilla. To the remaining bowl of Cream Cheese Frosting add the reserved orange gelatin from the cupcakes and the orange peel. If desired, add a few drops orange food coloring. Beat to combine.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Yield: 2-1/2 cups frosting (enough to frost tops and sides of two 8- or 9-inch layers)
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 1/2 - 6 cups powdered sugar
In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar to reach spreading consistency
Put the frosting in a decorater gun and start spreading the frosting
and now sit back and enjoy!