Curb Appeal


When we first drove by our house
1 1/2 years ago I immediatly fell in love with the outside. The stone siding makes it look so homey and the light green paint is one of my favorites. We bought a swing, I sewed matching cushions and pillows for it, bought a rocking chair from Good Will, and of course after it was painted and updated it received a matching cushion and pillow. All in all I'm very happy with our front porch, if there wouldn't be that ugly looking doggie gate. Since we have the dogs and live on a busy street (during school hours) it was necessary to add a doggy gate to the front porch, and there it went the curb appeal. It looked bad.



This past weekend I just couldn't stand it anymore. While taking it down and putting it on a piece of card board to spray paint, the dogs ran out and took off into the woods next to our house.
And that's why it needs to be there! Toby came back with this.. I don't even know what it is.
It looks like a dinosaur.


Since the gate has been outside for about 4 months now, it started to rust already.


I bought Rust-Oleum spray paint in a satin mint green and gave some nice green color. After it was dry after about 2 hours I put it back up, and even that it is not exactly the same green color it already looks so much better.

 

What do you think?

BTW, today is again one of those days 6/6/12 -which makes me happy! :)
I'm a numbers girl, love those dates with matching numbers.

Congratulations to Doreen, one of my old german friends who is living in CA now and getting married today. Wish you all the best!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wing Chair Recovery - Part II

My new toy..

The Nursery - Final reveal