Black and Brown Ruffled Pillows

Lazy Sunday, what not better than relaxing and sewing some pillows.
Some people have cats - we have pillows! :) I'm still working with my New York fabric swatches. I cut 32 black and 32 brown 5" squares and laid them out in one big square. Not really sure what to do with those first, but there was a leftover pillow sitting on the floor... Decision made! The pillow is a 18"x18" (You will only need 32 squares total, if you sew one pillow!)
 

One row at a time, I sewed four squares together

Put right sides together, sew along the side, attach one more square to it, until there are four.



I ruffled black and brown leftover fabric into 5.5" stripes. Depending on the thickness of the fabric, it will shrink quite a bit. My initial stripes were 18" long and after everything was ruffled up they were about 6".


I laid the ruffled fabric over the square fabric and sewed in a straight line over both. 


When all squares were sewed together in fours, I put right sides together and pinned them together





Sewed each row to the next, with alternating the colors.


















TADA.. A new decorative Pillow for the bed.

One side has brown ruffles



the other one has black ones.


One pillow done, one to go... Maybe tonight!?


        Todays Creative Blog    



Passionately Artistic


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wing Chair Recovery - Part II

My new toy..

The Nursery - Final reveal