Banana-ChocolateChip-Almond Muffins

Every time we go grocery shopping, there will be at least 4 bananas in the cart - because bananas are healthy. I just don't like bananas. The smell drives me crazy. The texture is weird. So most of the times, they get not eaten and sit there until they turn almost black. I was about to throw them out yesterday and then thought, I just bake some muffins with them. With lots of sugar, bananas aren't so bad after all. :)

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
1 large egg
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup slivered almonds

Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line twelve 1/3-cup muffin cups with muffin liners. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Mix mashed bananas, egg, melted butter and milk in medium bowl. Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients just until blended (do not overmix). Stir in chocolate chips and slivered almonds.


Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.

Bake muffins until tops are pale golden and tester inserted into center comes out with some melted chocolate attached but no crumbs, about 32 minutes. Transfer muffins to rack; cool.






Now I can't wait to eat my bananas.

I'm linking up to:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wing Chair Recovery - Part II

My new toy..

The Nursery - Final reveal