Happy Anniversary

We have our one year anniversary in our house this week. When we saw it the first time I fell in love at first sight. The brick on the outside, the white doors throughout the house all really high, the french doors to the formal dining... 

A little weird is that we have SIX windows in the bedroom (which are by now all covered with curtains)


 The master bathroom has a huge window as well.

 

At first I loved it, until we moved in and there was no way to walk around, take a shower, brush your teeth, in private. We tried to come up with a cool idea on how to cover that window. It is too narrow to attach shutters, curtains look weird and might mold. The only idea we came up with were to attach a tinted window film. Of course we messed up. There were scratches and bubbles all over the window and it looked really bad.

When my mom came in town couple weeks ago, I wanted everything to look perfect and tried to take the film off. Not as easy as I thought it would be. The removal spray which you can buy at your local home improvement store, didnt work at all. I was so disappointed. I tried soap water but that didnt work, the hair dryer didnt work either. When my mom finally arrived the film was 1/4 removed and everything else was still attached to the window.

 My mom and I spent several hours in the tub with raiser blades getting rid of the film inch by inch. Finally the film was all gone. I bought a new one, Brian and I put it on and it looked even worse. We tried so hard, but messed up again. You think how hard can it be?? Thats what I thought, I was so mad at myself, and threw everything away. We put towels over the shower, showered in the dark and tried to hide more or less from our neighbors for a couple of weeks. Awesome!! Finally I got tired of it and bought another box of tinted window film and cut it to the right size. 


 We tried really hard to not mess it up this time. It took forever, but finally the result is good and will stay as long as we live in that house (or even longer!)


I can't wait to take my first bubble bath! :)

Comments

Heather said…
Oh goodness! Im glad you finally got that done...what a mess

Popular posts from this blog

Wing Chair Recovery - Part II

My new toy..

The Nursery - Final reveal