Outdoor bench

I don't think I have shown you our bench project yet, I could be wrong though.
I'm all over the place right now, never at home, never in the same city for more than 3 days.
These last 6 weeks were just crazy. Toronto, Chicago, San Jose, Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York, Germany...

I was driving to the airport the other day and couldn't even remember where I'm going that day.

It is pretty bad. Only good thing about this is, I'm very close to being platinum with my skymiles account. I do have fun doing it, but right now it is a little too
much.

Anyways... Maybe a month ago, while we were at the cabin, we decided to do something with the two 10' wood pieces that we bought at the Blue Ridge auction.

They were really cool, but in pretty bad shape. Dried out with lots of sharp edges and splinters.


We bought some wood and long screws and cut legs to size, attached them to the bottom of the seat.


I sanded for hours and hours until everything was smooth.

After the wood "drank" three coats of Polyurethane, it started to look healthy again.


Doesn't this look so good?



To make it more stable, we cut a hole in the middle leg, bought an 8' long handrail and slid it through the hole. Screwing it in from the outsides. 


And here they are...

Very happy with the end result, we now have plenty of seating on our decks. 

Comments

Heather said…
That looks great!!

Popular posts from this blog

Wing Chair Recovery - Part II

My new toy..

The Nursery - Final reveal