Sometimes you just have to have new pillows..

..and why not create them yourself? Now that I have my own sewing machine and we finally became friends, I think of all the things I could sow . All my life, my mom tried to teach me how to sow, and it went well, until she left me alone and I got immediately stuck and could not get it to work. Maybe I didn't try hard enough but it was just always so frustrating that I stopped. Now, that I'm in the States and my mom is too far away to help me fix whatever needs to be shortened, or changed, I just wanted to try again. Bj, my American mom gave me her old sewing machine for Christmas, gave me a lesson, and helped me getting started. Also I got stuck ones, it is going pretty well now. I ordered nice fabric from Jo-Ann's, and started off with some hold-backs with Velcro for our new curtains. They look pretty cute and it was easy enough to not give up after the first sowing project!


My next project was to sew matching pillows with zippers to easily change them out. Have you ever looked for zippers? I went everywhere. Jo-Ann’s is not really that convenient located to our house, so I went to Michaels, Anna’s Linens, Sears, Macy’s and Wal-Mart, my friend to Hobby Lobby, but not a chance to find red zippers in 14”. Totally frustrated I went back to Jo-Ann’s and got me some nice red zippers in the right length. I already love that store! Finally at home, I cut the fabric to 30” x 15” and sowed the zippers on each of the long side.



It started out to be a little difficult, but I figured it out and have already several differnt colors and sizes of pretty nice looking new pillows.




Of course there are more to come in the next couple of days! :)


Today's Creative Blog

Comments

Looking good- that takes some talent and patience! Love finding other Georgia girl bloggers :)

Popular posts from this blog

Wing Chair Recovery - Part II

My new toy..

The Nursery - Final reveal