Monday, May 9, 2011

finally.. I was able to move into my very own office. :) I can't tell you how long I have waited for this moment to arrive. Two and a half years ago, I started at my company and about every six months this topic of getting promoted came up. Unfortunately on the international side, where I was working, a manager position was not in the budget. So last week one of my colleagues on the domestic side (the operations and conference manager) quit her job and I got asked if I would like to take her position. Immediatly After a minute of consideration I agreed on the conditions, and since last monday I am a manager. Yes, you heard right, I am a MANAGER! I know that that means more responsibilty and more work, but also more money, my very own office with a door you can shut! a blackberry and some travel involved. In Germany I always had my own office, only one time I had to share one with my favorite ex colleague Tanja, who is now one of my dearest friends, (I guess that happens if you work that close for 2 1/2 years with somebody) But until working in the US, I have never had to sit in a cube with no windows to look out to. It is so different and so difficult to get used to.
Now after 2 1/2 years the wait paid off.

Today I reorganized, labeled binders, closed my door and enjoyed the silence and the natural lighting. I was also sitting in a short sleeved shirt without my heating pad attached to me. That might sound weird to you, but for the last 2 years, there was not one single day that I haven't had my hot heating pad on me. It is always so freezing cold in that office, that I could not bare sitting there with just a T-shirt on. Now on the domestic side it is a totally different story. The sun is shining in my office and it is warm in there. I really had fun at work and got some stuff done. Let see how much time I will have left for crafting.

I'm still working on my re-uphostery and am now at a point of not knowing how to get to finish it. I already like it a lot, also it is making weird noises when sitting on it. I guess that comes when you get an old chair. I put some WD40 on it, but the squeaking is just not going away- oh well.
The front is done, the upper sides are done and the feet are painted, but the lower sides are not that easy. There is some more thinking involved but so far, I couldn't figure out how to do it.  

I wish you all a great week!


1 comment:

Heather said...

YAY! Congrats! You totally deserve it