Welcome to my Life!

I'm a 32 year old girl from a tiny town near Frankfurt, Germany. I lived there all my life until 2005 when I decided I have to break out and do something totally crazy. Without speaking any English, I applied for an internship in Atlanta. The first couple of weeks were awful and I was about to turn around and go home again. My landlords, whom I call my American parents, decided for me that it would be best to go to an English school, so that we could TALK with each other, not only stare! :) While at work I mostly spoke German with the other interns, it was a German trade show company, so it wasn't really hard to speak German and avoid English. After a couple of weeks in school, being around colleagues and starting to make friends I was getting better in communicating and learned a lot about myself. I had an amazing time in Atlanta, met incredible people who I do not want to miss in my life anymore. One of them is Brian, who is an amazing guy. We started to hang out almost everyday and became really good friends. After 10 months my internship ended and I had to go back home to Germany. It was really hard to get settled again after this time abroad. But I got a really cool job and was glad to be back with my family and friends. I still went back and forth to Atlanta for every vacation I had. I couldn't stay away. While there I was hanging out with Brian all the time and stayed in touch with my former colleagues. In 2008 I won the green card lottery. I had a telephone interview with the boss of the German company, quit my job, packed up my life in boxes and moved to Atlanta about 8 weeks later. The move was very hurtful, leaving all my family and friends behind was the hardest thing I have ever done. The good thing was, that I was not a stranger to the city and knew alot of people who included me directly in their life's. I'm thankful to know so many great people. About 10 months later my friend Brian came back from a year in London and about 3 days later we couldn't be without each other anymore. After 6 months we moved in together and just bought a beautiful new house in the suburbs of Atlanta. 



I love DIY projects, there is nothing more I would like to do but craft. I wanna try everything and anything. I LOVE crafting, also most projects won’t turn out as I would love them to. Now that we own a house, I was waiting for our first DIY project to come along. The house was built in 2007, nobody ever lived in there, it was the model home and everything is pretty much new. But still there has to be something to build, remodel, arrange..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wing Chair Recovery - Part II

My new toy..

The Nursery - Final reveal